What is functional medicine?
Functional medicine is a powerful tool for diagnosing the root cause of chronic illness by addressing the whole person, not a set of isolated symptoms. A functional medicine approach:
- is highly personalized to the patient;
- examines the patient’s history, physiology, genetic makeup, and lifestyle;
- considers the mind, body, and spirit of the individual;
- takes into account external factors such as physical and social environment;
- employs integrative medicine, a therapeutic approach which combines the best of conventional medicine with complementary and alternative therapies for treatment; and,
- conservatively prescribes pills and surgery when medically necessary.
A functional medicine consult with one of our functional medicine physicians may focus on:
- preventive medicine and well-being optimization;
- difficult-to-diagnose symptoms and conditions;
- reversing age-related illness; or,
- chronic illness management and treatment.
Why take this approach?
We have found that an integrative and holistic approach to wellness that considers the whole person — mind, body, and spirit — is the most effective. Our clinic features multispecialty physicians who combine the best of conventional medicine, lifestyle medicine, and wellness therapies to help you achieve your health goals.
Our specialists in functional medicine use an advanced diagnostic approach to uncover the root cause of illness, based on the understanding that lifestyle, environmental, and genetic factors influence long-term well-being.
Using a concierge medicine model that allows us to offer more personalized care, our medical care team offers proactive, highly personalized preventive care and treatment for both physical and mental health.